TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The contract between us
We must receive payment of the whole of the price for the goods that you order before your order can be accepted. Once payment has been received by us we will confirm that your order has been accepted by sending an email to you at the email address you provide in your order form. Our acceptance of your order brings into existence a legally binding contract between us.
All photographs, illustrations and text are world © Geoff Wilkinson, all rights reserved. Downloading of images is strictly forbidden without the express permission in writing of the photographer. These images must not be used for artist reference or be distorted by digital manipulation or any other means.
3. Ordering prints
When viewing our website please bear in mind that not all computer screens show the same regarding colour, contrast etc. Our screens are calibrated and all prints are checked to meet the photographer’s standards before being despatched.
4.1. The prices payable for goods that you order are as set out in our website.
4.2. You will be required to pay extra for delivery and it might not be possible for us to deliver to some locations. Our delivery charges are set out in our website.
5. Right for you to cancel your contract
5.1. You may cancel your contract with us for the goods you order at any time up to the end of the seventh working day from the date you receive the ordered goods.You do not need to give us any reason for cancelling your contract nor will you have to pay any penalty.
5.2. [You cannot cancel your contract if the goods you have ordered are personalised or if you have taken any books, gallery prints or other products from inside their sealed transparent packaging in which it was delivered to you.]
5.3.To cancel your contract you must notify us in writing.
5.4 If you have received the goods before you cancel your contract then [unless, under clause 5.2, you do not have a right to cancel] you must send the goods back to our contact address at your own cost and risk. If you cancel your contract but we have already processed the goods for delivery you must not unpack the goods when they are received by you and you must send the goods back to us at our contact address at your own cost and risk as soon as possible.
5.5.Once you have notified us that you are cancelling your contract, any sum debited to us from your credit card will be credited to your account as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of your order PROVIDED THAT the goods in question are returned by you and received by us in the condition they were in when delivered to you. If you do not return the goods delivered to you or do not pay the costs of delivery, we shall be entitled to deduct the direct costs of recovering the goods from the amount to be credited to you.
6. Cancellation by us
7. We reserve the right to cancel the contract between us if:
7.1.1 we have insufficient stock to deliver the goods you have ordered;
7.1.2 we do not deliver to your area; or
7.1.3 one or more of the goods you ordered was listed at an incorrect price due to a typographical error or an error in the pricing information received by us from our suppliers.
8. If we cancel your contract we will notify you by email and will credit to your account any sum deducted by us from your credit card as soon as possible but in any event within 30days of your order. We will not be obliged to offer any additional compensation for disappointment suffered.
9. Delivery of goods to you
10.We will deliver the goods ordered by you to the address you give us for delivery at the time you make your order.
11.Delivery will be made as soon as possible after your order is accepted and in any event within 30 days of your order.
12. You will become the owner of the goods you have ordered when they have been delivered to you. Once goods have been delivered to you they will be held at your own risk and we will not be liable for their loss or destruction.
14. If the goods we deliver are not what you ordered or are damaged or defective or the delivery is of an incorrect quantity, we shall have no liability to you unless you notify us in writing at our contact address of the problem within 10 working days of the delivery of the goods in question.
15. If you do not receive the goods ordered within 30 days of the date on which you ordered them, we shall have no liability to you unless you notify us in writing at our contact address of the problem within 40 days of the date on which you ordered the goods.
16. If you notify a problem to us under clauses 14 or 15 above, our only obligation will be, at your option:
16.1.1 to make good any shortage or non-delivery;
16.1.2 to replace or repair any goods that are damaged or defective; or
16.1.3 to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question in whatever way we choose.
17. Save as precluded by law, we will not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss, damage or expenses (including loss of profits, business or goodwill) howsoever arising out of any problem you notify to us under this condition and we shall have no liability to pay any money to you by way of compensation other than to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question under clause 16.1.3 above.
18. You must observe and comply with all applicable regulations and legislation, including obtaining all necessary customs, import or other permits to purchase goods from our site. The importation or exportation of certain of our goods to you may be prohibited by certain national laws. We make no representation and accept no liability in respect of the export or import of the goods you purchase.
19. Notwithstanding the foregoing, nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to limit any rights you might have as a consumer under applicable local law or other statutory rights that may not be excluded nor in any way to exclude or limit our liability to you for any death or personal injury resulting from our negligence.
Unless otherwise expressly stated in these terms and conditions, all notices from you to us must be in writing and sent to our contact address at “Eightyfour” , 84 Nightingale Lane, Wanstead, London E11 2EZ and all notices from us to you will be displayed on our website from time to time.
21. Events beyond our control
We shall have no liability to you for any failure to deliver goods you have ordered or any delay in doing so or for any damage or defect to goods delivered that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control including, without limitation, strikes, lock-outs and other industrial disputes, breakdown of systems or network access, flood, fire, explosion or accident.
If any part of these terms and conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
24. Third party rights
Except for our affiliates, directors, employees or representatives, a person who is not a party to this agreement has no right under the United Kingdom Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this agreement but this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party that exists or is available apart from that Act.
25. Governing law
The contract between us shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law and the English courts shall have jurisdiction to resolve any disputes between us.
26. Entire agreement
To change the date of your workshop please contact us 7 working days before the Workshop date by telephone. Details on the Contact Page.
To cancel your Workshop date please contact us 7 working days prior to the workshop date to receive a full refund.
Non attendance will be considered as a cancellation and therefore no refund will be offered.
Before booking photography workshops and/or walks please ensure that you have fully read and understood the Disclaimer in the Legal Section.
Geoff Wilkinson Photography Disclaimer
We hope you enjoy your photographic experience with us. Please familiarise yourself with the following disclaimer. All participants who take part in any class or out of studio activity held or organised by us will be deemed to acknowledge that they are individually and solely responsible for their own health and safety and the safety of their equipment.
Whilst we will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure your safety you acknowledge that all classes events and activities may involve a risk of personal injury and/or property damage, and you agree to take responsibility for your health, well-being and possessions in relation to our classes events and activities whether in or out of the studio.
(2) Health and medical conditions
You acknowledge and represent that to the best of your knowledge you suffer from no medical or physical condition or disability that will or might increase the normal risks associated with the class event or activity. You agree that we may in our absolute discretion prohibit you from participating in a class event or activity if in our sole opinion we consider it to be unsuitable for you and you must comply with all of our reasonable instructions in relation to our classes events or activities.
(3) Limitations and exclusions of liability
The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this section and elsewhere in this disclaimer (subject to section 4 below) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer or in relation to our classes and/or events and /or activities including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory or other duty.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any personal injury (including without limitation serious injury or death) that you may suffer or sustain directly or indirectly as a result of attending our classes or events or activities. Nor will we be liable to you in respect of any other losses arising as a result of any such personal injury.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any of your personal property that is lost, stolen or damaged before, during or after a class event or activity held in or outside of our studio.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of any event or events beyond our reasonable control.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any business losses, including (without limitation) loss of or damage to profits, income, revenue, use, production, anticipated savings, business, contracts, commercial opportunities or goodwill.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
Nothing in this disclaimer shall limit or exclude our liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence limit or exclude our liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation limit any of our liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law or exclude any of our liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
If a section of this disclaimer is determined by any court in England and Wales or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other sections of this disclaimer continue in effect.
If any unlawful and/or unenforceable section would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the section will continue in effect.
(6) Law and jurisdiction
This disclaimer shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law, and any disputes relating to this disclaimer or our classes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
(7) Our details
In this disclaimer, “we” means (and “us” and “our” refer to) Geoff Wilkinson Photography of “Eighty Four” 84 Nightingale Lane, Wanstead, London, E11 2EZ